Regulatory services are here to support you and your business.
The team cover the following areas:
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety
- Personal and Premises Licensing
- Taxi Licensing
- Trading Standards
- Regulatory Services Enforcement Policy
You may also find the following departments useful.
Planning - The responsibilities of Planning include;
- Producing a local plan: This is a framework for the future development of an area defining strategic policies, the framework for neighbourhood plans, land allocations, infrastructure requirements housing needs, requirements for safeguarding the environment, measures for adapting to climate change and so on.
- Determining planning applications. Decisions about straight-forward applications will be made under powers delegated to planning officers. More significant or contentious applications will be decided by a planning committee, made up of local councillors.
- Enforcement: Acting proportionately in response to suspected breaches of planning control.
- Supporting neighbourhood planning.
- Southend Planning Team offer pre-application planning advice
Procurement Team at Southend Borough Council - Procurement plays a key role in improving the public services, removing inefficiencies within the organisation and regenerating the town.
They advertise any opportunities over £25,000 on Contracts Finder, but to be aware of opportunities and respond to any tenders please register on SBC’s Procurement Portal. The team is committed to using local suppliers wherever possible. Businesses are encouraged to get in touch to sign up to local supplier list. They also delivery sessions on how to bid for Council contracts throughout the year.
Southend Business Directory - The directory also has details of tenders available from Southend City Council.