About the project
This exciting new programme will offer support to over 25s to enable them to move swiftly into employment in key growth or employment sectors across Southend, Rochford, Rayleigh and Castle Point.
The programme will give over 25s a better understanding of the vacancies available to them and will equip participants with the skills needed to enable them to find jobs in sectors with skills shortages.
Applicants will be able to access industry tailored pathways, choosing from one of the following sectors:
- Logistics (warehouse and assembly operations), Manufacturing, Construction
- IT, Digital, Business Admin
- Retail, Customer Service, Cleaning and Domestic
Over a period of 6 weeks the programme will:
- Enhance employability skills
- Provide basic training to provide entry to an industry
- Conduct some employment checks to enable access to roles
- Introduce applicants to employers with vacancies
- Offer post-employment support/mentoring
The programme will be repeated on an 8 week basis over a 12 month period beginning in February 2021, dependant on demand.
The programme will recruit individuals who are not working and are not receiving active support through other programmes. Participants will progress into further training, work experience, education, volunteering, or paid employment.
The programme will work with various businesses and organisations across South Essex to support the delivery of training and to source job vacancies. These partner organisations include:
The Holiday Inn
Vocational segments will be delivered in partnership with providers who will provide online presentations through case studies and videos and presentations from industry representatives.
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Amir Girnary